BDC for WSS? Good News!

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM

As the Business Data Catalog (BDC) to integrate external LOB data into SharePoint is available by default for SharePoint Enterprise Edition only, it's a good news, that someone has done that for WSS too.

If you prefer a commercial solution, the so called Business Data List Connector (BDLC) is available too for WSS.

It connects SharePoint lists (no web parts) directly with almost any external  data, e.g. form databases.

More:

http://www.layer2.de/en/products/Pages/SharePoint-Business-Data-List-Connector.aspx

Cheers, Frank

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 4:48 AM

hi frank,

Thank you for your comments. This development is a custom field for WSS and Sharepoint. You can use this developmnet in any list or document library of sharepoint and WSS. Whit this you can add column or columns connected to the data base and use the result of the query as field in your list. The beheivor is a field of sharepoint and you can create a lookup field from other list using this field.

Cheers,

Fabián

Jul 16, 2011 at 11:37 AM

For the BDC for WSS webpart, I cannot change the SQL statement or connection string again once I saved it.

Then I always need to delete the column and re-create it. Is this a limitation by design ?

Emman